With the fast-approaching winter season blowing in these frosty days, there’s nothing just like the style of summer time fruit to cheer you up.
Check out Saadiyah Hendricks’s canned peaches recipe whereas the shops nonetheless inventory peaches, and revel in a mouthful of those candy treats.
- 7 kg peaches, washed, peeled, pitted and halved or sliced (relying in your choice)
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups pure apple juice
- 3 cups pure grape juice
- In a pot, over medium warmth, add the water and juice and permit it to return to a boil.
- Add the ready peaches to the recent syrup and permit to simmer for five minutes.
- Utilizing a slotted spoon, tightly pack the peaches into clear jars, leaving a 2.5 cm hole from the rim, then high with the syrup, leaving a 1.5 cm hole.
- Earlier than sealing the jars with the lids, give the jars a couple of mild faucets on the counter then run a knife between the peaches and the jar, urgent down barely to launch any air bubbles.
- If wanted, high with further syrup, sustaining the 1.5cm hole.
- Fill a big pot, on medium warmth, midway with water.
- Pack the jars on a trivet or canning rack then decrease it contained in the pot as soon as the water begins to simmer.
- Make sure the water covers 3cm above the jars.
- Shut the pot with a lid and gently boil for 25 minutes.
- Rigorously take away the recent jars from the pot and permit to chill fully on a floor coated with a towel or material.
- Press down on lid of jars to check whether it is correctly sealed.
- If the lid bounces again or pops, the jar shouldn’t be sealed and ought to be resealed.
- Retailer in a dry, darkish area till able to eat. Could also be saved for 12 months.
- Serving ideas: With custard, whipped cream, ice cream, as a topping on a heat winter dessert, and so forth.
Getting ready the jars
Wash the jars in heat, soapy water. Rinse effectively. Place the jars on a clear material in an oven roasting pan and put them in a preheated oven of 110ºC for 20 minutes. If utilizing jars with rubber seals, take away the rubber rings earlier than placing the jars within the oven. Connect the rings once more earlier than sealing the jars.
Go to Sadie’s Bubble of Yum for extra scrumptious recipes like this.
Observe @juicydelicioussa on Instagram or go to www.juicydelicious.co.za
ALSO READ: Easy Malva pudding recipe