Uncover and expertise the great thing about the world-renowned De Hoop Nature Reserve on foot with this mix of seashore walks, sea life, fynbos and solace in nature.
5 days and 4 nights of guided and unguided strolling within the pristine surroundings of the De Hoop Nature Reserve exploring the reserve’s wealthy marine, plant and wildlife, with snug, off-the-grid lodging at two premier properties located throughout the reserve – Lekkerwater Seaside Lodge and De Hoop Assortment.
Two properties – two wonderful experiences – and a lot extra in between, that is the place you possibly can comply with spectacular nature trails alongside the scenic footpaths, secluded seashores, secret coves and rugged fynbos-covered shoreline of the reserve.
Uncover an unspoilt, untouched reserve crammed with a treasure trove of fauna, flora, fynbos, seashores and considerable sea life. Savour barefoot seashore walks, unimaginable sunsets and the scent of the ocean.
Simply three hours from Cape City, this pristine World Heritage Nature Reserve – a super vacation spot for hikers, walkers, cyclists and households and a stop-over en route from the Cape Winelands to Plettenberg Bay – presents a singular outside expertise like no different.
The De Hoop Camino Luxurious Coastal Path – a 5 day/4 night time guided and unguided stroll within the De Hoop Nature Reserve exploring the reserve’s wealthy range contains:
- Day 1 & 2: guided and unguided marine and nature walks round Lekkerwater Seaside Lodge – the Reserve extends alongside the southern coast of the Western Cape and Lekkerwater – located roughly midway alongside the reserve, presents an off-the-grid coastal escape surrounded by the endemic fynbos, inter-tidal ecosystems and noteworthy mammal and birdlife.
- day 1 – an optionally available 6km stroll from the Lekkerwater Lodge parking space, alongside the highway and thru the fynbos
- day 2 – benefit from the guided marine and nature walks or take a self-guided stroll or just take in the breathtaking views
- Day 3: a full-day self-guided six to nine-hour-long coastal stroll from Lekkerwater Seaside Lodge to the tip of the Whale Path at Koppie Alleen at De Hoop Assortment. You’ll stroll essentially the most breathtaking part of the outstanding Whale Path – 15km of limitless Indian Ocean views, surrounding hills, gorges, caves and ravines in a panorama consisting of lovely sandy seashores, limestone karst rock platforms, blow holes, pure swimming swimming pools, caves and rocky cliffs. On the finish of the path, you’ll be transferred to De Hoop Assortment’s De Mond Villa (your lodging for the subsequent two nights). The remainder of the day will probably be spent at leisure having fun with the views and birding alongside the shores of the De Hoop Vlei, adopted by a scrumptious potjiekos dinner that will probably be loved across the campfire and below the celebs.
- Day 4: Exploring the western sector of the De Hoop Reserve… after an early morning breakfast, you’ll as soon as once more don your mountaineering boots for a 5km guided stroll across the De Hoop Vlei exploring the wealthy birdlife and fynbos, adopted by brunch at Melkkamer – a grand outdated homestead steeped in historical past that was constructed on the flip of the final century. After brunch, a ship switch will take you throughout the vlei the place the stroll will proceed for an additional 7- 8 km via a mixture of cliff routes, alongside the sting of the Vlei and thru some open areas the place you might get pleasure from wildlife sightings. Dinner will probably be loved across the campfire at De Mond Villa.
- Day 5 – after breakfast, you’ll be transferred to Tierhoek to start out the morning’s guided path – a 4km route up the fynbos paradise of Flatrock with panoramic views over the De Hoop Vlei. Your return switch is by automobile from the primary entrance gate of the De Hoop Reserve to the Lekkerwater automobile park, en route for a guided stroll to the Potberg Vulture Colony – the one remaining lively Cape Vulture Colony within the Western Cape.
The size of the day walks at each Lekkerwater and the De Hoop Assortment will rely upon the degrees of health and enthusiasm which might push the entire distance walked over the 5 days as much as 45km-50km. This stroll wants a minimal of 4 visitors and small teams are extremely beneficial, and to get the utmost enjoyment of this expertise visitors should be fairly match, lively and agile.
The De Hoop Camino Package deal contains:
- Street switch for you and/or your baggage from Lekkerwater carpark to the Lodge
- Two nights (Day 1 & 2) at Lekkerwater Seaside Lodge, in one among seven rooms, every with a deck overlooking a 5km stretch of pristine seashore
- Two nights (Days 3 & 4) on the De Hoop Assortment – both at De Mond Villa (De Hoop Assortment’s model new De Mond Villa) Opstal Suites or Melkkamer Manor relying on availability)
- Baggage transfers from Lekkerwater to the De Hoop Assortment
- Street transfers from Koppie Alleen to the De Hoop Assortment and from the De Hoop Assortment again to Lekkerwater carpark
- All meals and all native drinks and in-lodge actions
- Neighborhood and Reserve price (R 550 per individual per package deal) at Lekkerwater Seaside Lodge
*Excludes – transfers by highway to and from the De Hoop Nature Reserve; park entrance price – R50 per individual per night time, to be paid in money to CapeNature on arrival on the Reserve gate; totally complete journey insurance coverage; gratuities to the lodge employees and guides; premium drinks not on the “home” listing
Charges from R18 050 per individual (relying on the season), are quoted in South African Rands and apply to Southern African residents solely. Pure Choice Safaris’ Commonplace Phrases and Situations apply.
And what you possibly can deliver alongside, except for a way of enjoyable and journey, is a small backpack and water bottle, sunblock, swimming costume, sarong, a wide-brimmed hat, binoculars and digital camera, snug closed strolling sneakers, in addition to reef sneakers (when you have a pair) and a small first support package.
De Hoop Reserve is a lovely vacation spot all 12 months spherical. Throughout summer time (November-March) the times are excellent for a coastal journey. In April-Might and September-October the fynbos involves life, and sunsets are all about lazy evenings loved with a glass of superb South African wine in hand. Winter (July – November) via to the beginning of summer time, is when the Southern Proper whales arrive, congregating offshore to calve, mate and cavort within the heat seas. This stroll is no doubt a luxurious strolling journey, it doesn’t matter what time of the 12 months you go.
To make your reserving contact: Samantha Jooste, at +27 21 422 4522, [email protected]
De Hoop Assortment is a member of Cape Nation Routes.
The De Hoop Assortment
Comply with us on social media for extra journey information, inspiration, and guides. It’s also possible to tag us to be featured.