Posted on 16 June 2023
Components of the nation have skilled heavy rainfall, particularly within the Western Cape the place localised flooding has occurred.
In Citrusdal within the Cederberg municipality, the bridge crossing the Olifants River into city from the N7 has collapsed and the river is in full flood.
The municipality says that the entry highway to and from the city had been washed away on 15 June.
- About 88 individuals have been evacuated from the Riverview Casual Settlement and briefly housed within the Oranjeville Sports activities Corridor;
- Though Bo-river and Hexriver are open, the highway to Elandskloof is closed;
- Grade 4 to Grade 7 learner exams are postponed to Monday, 19 June, for youngsters dwelling exterior of Citrusdal;
- The electrical energy is off in elements of Citrusdal and Clanwilliam attributable to an Eskom fault;
- About 57 individuals who lived in momentary housing on the sports activities grounds in Wupperthal had been evacuated and moved to the Eendrag Neighborhood Corridor.
As per a municipal assertion, the water infrastructure in Citrusdal is at the moment beneath extreme strain and residents are urged to make use of water sparingly. ‘We request the communities to cooperate with authorities and keep away from roads and affected areas. The municipality is assessing the municipal infrastructure throughout the municipal space and organising meals parcels and blankets for displaced /affected individuals.’
Citrusdal at 19h00. Be very cautious when driving in flooded areas – particularly at evening!! Highway Security and Flood Dangers for Drivers and Pedestrians – Don’t Danger Driving via Flowing Water!! https://t.co/KGctJvBoYt #ArriveAlive@ReenvalSA @afriwx @WCGovSafelyHome… pic.twitter.com/syB2bUYmf0
— Arrive Alive (@_ArriveAlive) June 15, 2023
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”><a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flooding?src=hash&ref_src=twsrcpercent5Etfw”>#Flooding</a> <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/CapeOfStorms?src=hash&ref_src=twsrcpercent5Etfw”>#CapeOfStorms</a><br>Citrusdal, Western Cape. <a href=”https://t.co/lDDD6LiOmb”>pic.twitter.com/lDDD6LiOmb</a></p>— SA REPORTS (@MARIUSBROODRYK) <a href=”https://twitter.com/MARIUSBROODRYK/standing/1669241223024918528?ref_src=twsrcpercent5Etfw”>June 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>